Sunday, December 11, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

Last night was the 29th Annual Eastport Yacht Club Parade of Lights in Annapolis and it's something I look forward to every year. Unfortunately, I've missed the parade for the past two years because starting in 2009 the Army/Navy game date was pushed back a week and it just so happens it's now on the same day as the Parade of Lights. As much as I love the Parade of Lights there was no way we were missing the Army/Navy game. This year, however, my poor hubby had a final exam at 9 this morning so we decided not to go to the game (figures, this year it was played in DC not Philly!) Anyway, we did watch the game at home but it wasn't the same experience as you can imagine, thankfully we won for the TENTH straight year! Go Navy! Sadly for the hubs, after the game he studied the night away but that meant I would get a chance to attend the Parade of Lights with my family and friends! 
 
Oh, Annapolis, how I heart you! There really is no place like home!

Below are some (blurry) pictures from the parade last night:

I had to snap a picture of the yellow lab boat!

I loved the lighthouse boat!

Boat house lit up with a Clifford boat and the Eastport Bridge in the background.

HYSTERICAL! My favorite boat of the night, who doesn't love A Christmas Story?

BOOOO Ravens but they did do a really good job decorating.

Watching the boats go by but staying warm under the heater!

With the girls but missing the hubby!


The train docked at Ego Alley!

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment