Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Before & After: Our Bannister

Remember when I blogged about our beautiful staircase here? I mentioned how gorgeous the stairs were only to make our bannister look even more beat up. I was planning on giving it some TLC with tung oil until we were ready to build a new bannister but the hubs had something up his sleeve! This weekend he gave me the best birthday present ever...a brand new bannister! Saturday morning a contractor came over and built a custom bannister for us and it is soooo pretty, I think it may be favorite thing in the house! Who would have thought there'd be a day when a bannister would be the best birthday present ever? I must be getting old!

To refresh your memory here's how the stairs and bannister looked originally:
Then we had hardwood treads and risers installed giving us beautiful new stairs but leaving us with a sad looking bannister:

Here you can see some of the wear and tear the original bannister had:

But not anymore! Here's our beautiful, custom built bannister!

Did I give you enough pictures?! I'm a bit obsessed!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous banister, Sarah! I'm so impressed how quickly you've made so many updates to your new house!

    ReplyDelete