Monday, April 23, 2012

Before & Progress: Master Bedroom {Done For Now}

I'm back with more home updates although this isn't my typical before & after, it's more of a before & progress post! As happy as I am with how much our house is shaping up we're still not totally finished-and that's fine with me! Rome wasn't built overnight and neither was Chez Bernhardt but we're getting closer each day ! On tap for today is our master bedroom which we did the least to, we just added a fresh coat of paint and new carpeting!

Before:
Progress:

Before:

Progress:

Before:
Progress:

You may have noticed that the ceilings are still covered in {shudder} stucco which really dates this room. It was just way too much work taking down the ceilings throughout the entire house right away. After seeing how much dust removing the ceiling downstairs caused we knew we weren't going down that road again. I  researched alternative ways of removing stucco ceilings and I've decided on covering them with bead board.

Here's an example of how the ceilings are {hopefully} going to look after we cover them with bead board:
I love the texture the bead board paneling gives to the room! Best of all you don't have to scrape the stucco down and since there's little sanding involved we won't end up with a dusty mess like we did with the downstairs ceiling removal! The hubs and I are planning on starting this project sometime during the summer so stay tuned!

Oh, and check out these adorable pillows hubs gave me this weekend for my birthday!
And on the back of the pillows he had our wedding date added {please ignore the dog hair}:

Well, now you have the master bedroom progress and I look forward to sharing more updates with you once we hang things on the empty walls!

Thankfully, Tanner and Gresham give their seal of approval with the progress of this room so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment