Thursday, June 27, 2013

Baby B's Nursery

I am having a blast registering for Baby B already, especially when it comes to nursery stuff! At first I really struggled with a theme since we had to keep the colors gender neutral but thanks to good ol' Pinterest I was able to find a little inspiration. The nursery is going to be light gray, aqua and white and I've already found a few must have items that I registered for on Amazon and Pottery Barn Kids! My sweet parents have bought us the Jenny Lind Crib which apparently is the exact same crib I had when I was baby according to my Mom! I had no clue when registering, I just loved the clean lines of the crib and I couldn't beat the price tag, the wheels are removable thankfully {who puts wheels on a crib anyway?} Below are some of the items I'd love to have for Baby B's room!

The crib {already purchased by my parents!}

The dresser/changing table was given to us by my parents, as well. It was my Nana's dresser that we're going to update a little by painting it aqua. I'm so honored that we'll be able to use her dresser and I know my Nana is smiling down from Heaven happy to have a piece of her in the baby's room!  The picture below isn't the exact dresser but it gives you an idea of what it will look like:

The glider will come in handy during all of those late night feedings. I have to admit this was one of the most difficult finds because so many of the chairs I liked were $900 and up. There's no way I can justify a chair for the nursery with a price tag like that so I was happy when I found this glider on Amazon {by now you probably know my love for Amazon runs deep so of course I registered there!}


I plan on making the glider really pop with some fun aqua pillows and throws along with this adorable gray ottoman I found on Etsy!


Another important item on my list of must haves was a light fixture. Currently the nursery has that nasty popcorn ceiling and the original light fixture but that's all about to change! The ceiling will be replaced by bead board and then we'll add a fun light fixture. Originally, I wanted a white blingy chandelier but that will be much too girly if Baby B is a boy. After a long search I discovered this fun and aqua chandelier from PBTeen! It's so fun and I think it will accent our bead board ceiling really nicely while also giving us a little pop of color!


Last but not least: the wall color! I knew the walls were going to be painted gray but I had no idea exactly which shade. I ended up going with Benjamin Moore's Moonshine which is also the exact same color as our master bedroom. We had a can left over and I really love the color so I figured why not just use what we have since I already know what to expect.


That's all of the must have nursery items, I've picked out some wall decor and accent pieces that I'll share with you all soon! I was so good about sharing all of our home renovations and I'm trying to be better about sharing our adventures in pregnancy so stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Let me know how you like the glider - that's a great price! I can't wait to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The glider got really good reviews so I'm hoping it works out!

    ReplyDelete