Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shades Of Gray (And Green!)

I've been struggling with picking out paint colors lately and I need help! I really want to paint our walls something colorful and I'd rather not go with anything neutral or tan. At first I was planning on using Benjamin Moore's "dune grass" paint color, it was the perfect green which I found thanks to one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love by John and Sherry! This cute couple has some awesome DIY ideas and I can't get enough of their fun blog whenever I'm looking for some decorating creativity and money saving tips!

They used it in their bathroom, isn't it pretty?


It seemed like the perfect color until I discovered this rug I blogged about here. Now, I'm worried this green just isn't the right green, it's too much of a tannish green. Yeah, I know that's not a word but you know what I mean.  I guess I need to go back to the drawing board and look for more greens and maybe some yellows...and if I have to, even a neutral color. Not like there's anything wrong with neutral colors, I think they're great but after renting for a few years and being surrounded by neutral walls I really want to paint my walls something colorful and different! If anyone has any {colorful} suggestions I'd love to hear them!

I always prided myself in being such a decisive person, knowing exactly what I want but this new house is making me second guess everything! I was even online last night looking for news rugs that would look good with the first green paint I found. I quickly changed my mind because I really do love my rug and I want to make it work!

In other news I did find a wall color for our master bedroom that I'm totally in love with, well actually, I narrowed it down to two colors and let the hubby decide. The color he chose is Benjamin Moore's "moon shine" which I also found on Young House Love's blog!


It's actually a lot more of a shimmery gray than this picture depicts. Before I started looking for paint colors I was convinced I'd be able to find a green color easily but struggle with finding the perfect shade of gray, turns out it was the complete opposite. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment